Aptly termed as the ‘Paradise Island’, Mauritius is a destination that is immensely popular among the honeymooners. The ethereal beaches filled with powdery white sand make this place extremely beautiful and perfect for couples. Thus, Mauritius is one of the most unbelievably romantic places in the world where every newly-wed couple wants to go. Spending a secluded time to exploring the adventures together, there are a lot of things to explore and do in Mauritius.
Mauritius is not just about its tropical beauty rather it offers a lot of things for an explorer to see. Right from the water activities, trendy bars, restaurants, clubs to romantic walks in the garden or having a relaxing spa, Mauritius has everything a newlywed needs to have. Here are some of the best things to do in Mauritius that we truly recommend.
1. Chamarel Waterfall: Take a dip in the natural pool of the majestic Chamarel waterfall, which is located at a height of 100 meters. This place is voted as the best photography spot as you can click photographs with the beautiful waterfall in the background. This place is perfectly romantic and couples can enjoy their time by heading down to the shallow pool at the bottom of Chamarel falls where they can enjoy a private swim together amidst lush greenery. This waterfall is a part of the Seven Colored Earth attraction including natural dunes housing a family of land turtles.
Location: The waterfall is located around 45.1 km from the international airport.
2. Le Morne Brabant: A newly-wedded couple always seeks privacy with a backdrop of romantic places. The Le Morne Mountain is the best place for this. This is a UNESCO World Heritage site that was once used as a shelter by slaves when they escaped from their masters. This place stands as a symbol of a wretched practice of human slavery. Apart from the sad history, the place has a breathtaking view from the mountain tip and thus, known as the most romantic activity to do in Mauritius.
Location: The place is located in the southern region of Mauritius, around 58 km from the international airport.
Charges: 25 Euro
3. Kayaking with Spouse: If taking a stroll on a beach is not just enough for you then go for a kayaking or rafting activity with your spouse. This sport is great if you want to bond with your spouse. Choose Ile D’Ambre Island for this activity as the surroundings are simply breathtaking. This is amid the most popular islets of the region that has sandy beaches and huge mangroves. The natural beauty of this place is worth a watch.
Location: The place is located around 70 km away from the international airport towards the north of Mauritius.
Charges: 79 Euro per adult
4. Catamaran Cruise Ride: To get an out-of-this-world experience, book a romantic ride on a cruise. Enjoy a lifetime of experience on your honeymoon by hopping on this beautiful cruise and travelling to see the beautiful sunset. The sunset catamaran trips offer two hours of pure bliss to the travellers.
Location: The cruise heads out of Grand Bay.
Charges: Cruise is available only during summer i.e. between September to April and on Wednesdays at a nominal rate of 25 Euros per adult.
5. Thrilling Activities: There are a lot of thrilling activities to do in Mauritius such as skydiving, scuba diving, island hopping, and much more. Adventure sports are considered best for a honeymoon couple and skydiving is known as one of the most romantic activities. You would find several diving locations in Mauritius for scuba diving. Island hopping is one of the best activities to do for couples in Mauritius. The perfect way to do this is by hiring catamarans with safety equipment and packing ample food & drinks for yourself. You can explore islands like Ile Plate, Le Morne, Ile aux Benitiers, Baie DuCap, Ilot Mangenie, and others by island hopping. Exploring different islands is one of the best activities for the honeymooners to experience.
Scuba Diving Charges: 35 Euro per hour
Sky Diving Charges: Sky diving is carried out over the sugar fields of Mon Loisir. This hour-long activity is charged as 49 Euro per person.