Widely known for its grandiose temples and great Himalayan Mountains, Nepal is a country that every traveler wants to visit. The country is filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines and thus, a lot of people travel here every year. The famous ones are Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, and Boudhanath. The best thing about travelling to Nepal is that you do not have to apply for any visa as you will get a single entry Visa on Arrival for a maximum period of 150 days.
Nepal is known for its rich architectural heritage and as a shopper’s paradise. Also, it is a wonderful country for trekkers and climbers. Enjoy the best time while enjoying nature and adventure in this amazing country. Here are the visa requirements for Indians to visit this country.
You will get the visa on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu.
Visa: Single entry Visa on Arrival for a maximum period of 150 days.
You would require any of these documents to enter Nepal:
- Valid passport with six months validity
- Driving License with photo
- One passport-size photo with a light background
- Election commission card with photo
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with photo issued by a sub-divisional magistrate or any other officials above his rank
Visa On Arrival Payment:
- Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar, and Japanese Yen
- Credit card, Indian currency, and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee
You can also obtain a visa on arrival at the border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki, and Kodari. Outside Nepal, you can obtain a visa at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission. If you want to renew the visa, you can visit the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan (Kathmandu).