We know you want to hit the road again and explore the world. But this is the time when we all have to stay at home to protect ourselves and others from this dangerous disease.
According to a survey that took responses from 22,000 people, “34% of people haven’t booked their travel yet but can book based on how it develops”.
Thus, travel is still alive and well.
So, do not get demotivated and look at the positive side. Plan your future trip while staying at home. Make a list of the domestic destinations you would love to visit after the situation gets normal. You can at least start with weekend getaways.
Here are some of the suggestions (within 300 km – 400kms from Delhi) that you can keep in mind while planning your weekend getaway after these unprecedented times get stable.
1. Jim Corbett: Located at a distance of just 240 Km away, Jim Corbett is a destination that is highly preferred by those who are seeking thrill, adventure, and excitement. You can enjoy jeep safari, elephant safari, and various other surreal experiences.
2. Kasauli: This is a perfect destination for a short weekend getaway which is approx. 290 Km away. This is a quaint hill station that beautifully lies between Shimla and Kalka. You can enjoy a breathtaking view from the Sunset Point, indulge in trekking activity from the famous Monkey Point to visit the Hanuman Temple, and much more.
3. Neemrana: If you are looking for a one-day trip then Neemrana Fort Palace is the best place, which is only 120 Km away. Enjoy a camel ride around the fortress and enjoy the surroundings filled with greenery. Also, try the thrilling activity of zip lining located in the Fort center.
4. Rishikesh: Located just 240 Km away, Rishikesh is a hub of temples, yoga ashrams, adventure sports, and some popular cafes. Also, this place is world-famous for its exciting rafting activities. You can indulge in activities like river rafting, trekking, bungee jumping, and giant wheeling.
5. Jaipur: Widely known as the “Pink City”, Jaipur is a place that is best fit for history junkies. Located around 280 Km away, this place is well-known for marvelous fortresses, wonderful palaces, and architecturally brilliant Havelis. You can enjoy a thrilling elephant ride to explore Amer fort, hike Jaigarh Fort, or you can take a cab to explore the nearby fortress, Nahargarh. Inside the city, you can visit Jal Mahal, Albert Hall Museum, Kanak Ghaati, Vrindavan Gardens, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, and Chokhi Dhani.
6. Mussoorie: One of the most popular hill stations is Mussoorie that is located 287 Km away. You can visit Mussoorie Lake, Mall Road, Kempty Falls, Gun Hill, Jharipani Falls, Mall Road, and Lal Tibba when in Mussoorie. Known as the “Queen of the Hills”, this place has magnificent scenic beauty and serves mouth-watering local and international dishes in diverse cafés which should not be missed.
7. Dehradun: Located around 254 Km away, Dehradun is a destination that is widely visited by travellers as this is one of the best weekend getaways from Delhi. Enjoy the scenic natural beauty including mountains, valleys, landscapes, rivers, and much more. Activities like paragliding, river rafting, angling, skiing, trekking, and others can be done here. There are diverse things to see Chandrabani Temple, Malsi Deer Park, Tapkeshwar Temple, Tibetan Temple, Clock Tower, Tapovan, Chetwode Hall, and others.
8. Shimla: One of the popular and trendiest hill stations are Shimla, which is just 342 Km away from Delhi. Enjoy the Himalayan ranges, pleasant weather, colonial history, forested hills, diverse trekking options, and much more. The ‘Queen of Hills’, Shimla, is one of the most popular hill stations of Himachal. You can engage in camping, trekking, paragliding, ice skating, skiing, white water rafting, and many more things. You can visit Jhakhoo Temple, Lakkar Bazaar, Mall Road, Christ Church, and The Ridge, to name a few.
9. Kufri: This picturesque hill station is located around 357 Km away from Delhi. Being one of the popular weekend getaways, Kufri is a destination meant for spending an exciting weekend getaway. Enjoy visiting Kufri Fun World, Himalayan National Park, Mahasu Peak, and Indira Tourist Park. You can indulge in activities like skiing on snow-clad slopes, yak and horse rides, go-karting, and other winter sports.
10. Nahan: To rejuvenate and keep the distress of the city life away, one can visit Nahan that is located 249 Km away from Delhi. Nahan is one of the most picturesque hill stations in Himachal that is blessed with vintage temples, gorgeous lakes, lush green meadows, amazing weather, and winding trails.
Now that you got the idea of the best weekend getaways, you can plan accordingly and head towards the place that you like the most after the pandemic recedes and everything gets back to normal.