You must have heard people exclaiming Europe as the best destination for any travel enthusiast. Indeed, it is. The continent is simply a travel platter serving a wide variety of attractions including things to see, do, eat, and shop. Europe will never leave you unsatisfied or in other words, you can never have enough of Europe. Architectural wonders, remarkable landscapes, thrilling adventures, and gastronomical delights describe Europe in a true sense. Exploring any place gives you a chance to build a lot of memories. So whenever you plan your Europe tour, consider the following for making it a memorable one.
Experiences Not To Be Missed When in Europe!
Europe is full of sightseeing, adventures, delicious food, and experiences. Here are some of the well-known places that you should not miss in Europe to cherish a memory of a lifetime.
1. The Eiffel Tower: This wrought-iron lattice tower is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel. Known as the tallest man-made structure in Paris, the Eiffel Tower has three levels opened for visitors and the top-level observation deck is the highest one (906 ft.). Plan a dinner date on the tower with your loved one as it has two restaurants; one on the 1st and another on 2nd level. Moreover, you can also enjoy a glass of champagne with your special someone, which is available on the roof terrace. Those who are daring enough can take the chance to walk on the 187-foot-high see-through floor. Do not miss the illumination show of the Eiffel tower that held every evening for 5 minutes, every hour on the hour.
- Day & Night Ticket (Valid for 48 hours for 2 visits on the date of your choice)
- Undated ticket (Valid for the entire year from the date of purchase for once)
Timings: Open every day throughout the year from 9:30 a.m. to 11:45 p.m.
Champagne Bar Timings: 56th floor from 9:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
2. Gondola Ride in Venice: You should not miss a romantic Gondola ride with the one you love. This out-of-the-world experience of the Gondola ride will let you enjoy a scenic view of the renaissance architecture, captivating squares, beautiful canals, and artistic cultural heritage. The baroque buildings and palaces form an amazing backdrop when you ride the Gondola. The gondolier can also sing for you if you are lucky enough.
- Approx. 80 Euros for 40 minutes with 6 people and Approx. 40 Euros for an additional 20 minutes ride
- Approx. 100 Euros for 40 minutes with 6 people and 50 Euros for an additional 20 minutes ride
- Private rides for couples costs approx. 80 to 90 Euros
Where: Tronchetto (the Piazzale Roma or the Rialto Bridge area)
3. Leaning Tower of Pisa: The tower that is leaning from one side is undoubtedly a sight worth watching. ‘The Leaning Tower of Pisa’ is a known architecture based in the city of Pisa (Italy). This free-standing bell tower is a part of the historic cathedral as it is located in its premises. You can climb to the top of the tower to see the cathedral bells and enjoy a panoramic view of the city. Also, visit the Baptistery of San Giovanni, Camposanto, Duomo de Pisa, and Museo delle Sinopie. The venue remains open seven days a week.
Timings: The Leaning Tower of Pisa has a time table for different months:
- Dec–Jan: 10:00-12.45; 14:00-17:00
- Nov–Feb: 10:00-12.45; 14:00-17:00
- March: 10:00-18:00
- April–Sep: 10:00-20:00
- Oct: 10:00-19:00
Ticket: The ticket price is around 18 €.
What To Do: Click amazing photographs with this unique structure. PS: Pose as funny as you can.
4. Mt. Titlis in Switzerland: The breathtaking view from the top of Mt. Titlis will be etched forever in your memory. Do not miss this beautiful sight at any cost when you are in Europe. This is the highest peak in central Switzerland that offers an amusing revolving cable car ride from Engelberg to Mount Titlis. Enjoy a 360-degree view of Switzerland’s snow-clad mountains, scenic lakes, deep valleys, and glaciers while riding the cable car. At the top of the mountain, explore the glacier park and cave along with photo studio and various other snow activities.
Cost: Approx. 92 CFH return ticket/ adult
5. The Colosseum in Rome: It is a renowned and largest amphitheater built using concrete and stone in AD 70-80 by the Romans. This UNESCO’s World Heritage Site holds up to 50 to 80,000 spectators and thus, should be in your must-visit list.
Timings: Open all days with following hours:
- 08.30 to 19.00: from 1 to 30 September
- 08.30 to 18.30: from the first to the last Saturday in October
- 08.30 to 16.30: from last Sunday in October to 15 February
- 08.30 to 17.00: from 16 February to 15 March
- 08.30 to 17.30: from 16 to last Saturday of March
- 08.30 to 19.15: from the last Sunday in March until 31 August
Tickets: 12 € (full price) for adults, 7.50 € for European Union members between 18 and 25 years, and free for all citizens under 18 years old.
Packing your bags already? You can visit these amazing places by taking a reliable Europe Holiday Package or you can also join a Europe group tour to make your trip affordable.