India is a multicultural country where people celebrate different festivals and Durga Puja is one of them. According to a survey, there is around 8.11% of the Bengali population in India and this has made Durga Puja an important festival celebrated across the nation. Merriments of this festival began during the end of Navaratri and Dussehra. And, this is the best time to plan your vacation. Durga Puja 2019 is starting from 4th October (Friday) and ending on 8th October (Tuesday). So, you can plan in advance and choose the best destinations to explore in these five days.
Here are some of the best suggestions where you can plan to spend your holidays:
When Durga Puja is knocking at your door, you can plan for a holiday during the festivities and travel to a place you haven’t yet explored.
1. Madhya Pradesh: If you are a true admirer of fine architecture, then you should visit Madhya Pradesh. There are a lot of things to explore including Kanha National Park, Dhuadhar waterfalls, Marble Rocks, etc. Visit Jabalpur, Bhopal, and Sanchi to experience the state’s popular attractions from close. Moreover, Madhya Pradesh is considered best for a spiritual trip. Nature lovers can find comfort in the peaceful environment of this state while cherishing the sightseeing and other activities.
2. Kerala: Known for its beaches and backwaters, Kerala is a place that offers complete peace and relaxation to the visitors. This God’s Own Country lets you witness the unparalleled natural beauty of Mother Nature. Moreover, the delicious cuisine of Kerala will tantalize your taste buds and left you with an unforgettable experience. Endowed with lush panoramic landscapes, this state offers the most intriguing experience of the lifetime. Do not forget to ride the backwater cruise.
3. Goa: Undoubtedly the most happening spot in India is Goa. This state offers ceaseless chances to have fun and entertainment. This place is heaven for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts. Moreover, there are diverse popular tourists’ attractions including Anjuna Beach, Fort Aguada, Calangute Beach, Old Goa Churches, Miramar Beach, to name a few. A visit to all these places is a must when you are in Goa. This is a destination that every travel enthusiast wants to visit once in a lifetime.
4. Bhutan: A country that is guided by a philosophy of Gross National Happiness, Bhutan is a destination that every traveler wants to visit. This beautiful Buddhist Kingdom has a lot to offer including mountains, monasteries, and fortresses (or dzongs). Besides, there are steep valleys, subtropical pains, and mighty mountains as well as amazing tourist’s attractions like Tashichhodzong, National Memorial Chorten, Kuensel Phodrang, Punakha Dzong, Tiger’s Nest, and others. Enjoy a peaceful and relaxing holiday in this last great Himalayan Kingdom.
5. Andaman with Neil Island: White sand, blue sea, and the sunny sky are what you will see in Andaman. This place is known for its long-stretched, beautiful beaches and Mediterranean environment. People from different parts of the world visit Andaman to enjoy peace and relaxation. Also, this place is highly preferred by honeymooners. Andaman along with Neil Island is a perfect package to spend a relaxing time in the lap of nature. Moreover, thrill-seekers can enjoy water activities like snorkeling, undersea walking, scuba diving, parasailing, jet-skiing, glass-bottom boating, swimming with elephant, and much more.
1. Bali: Bali is an island of limitless opportunities. It has become a favorite destination of all the beach lovers, honeymooners, leisure travelers, and others due to the relaxing environment it offers. This place is best for those who are looking for beach holidays. Moreover, there are diverse attractions in Bali including temples, waterfalls, caves, museums, and markets. Travelers can also enjoy water sports like surfing, jetpack, scuba diving, snorkeling, rafting, sea walking, kitesurfing, banana boat ride, and much more.
2. Sri Lanka: Welcoming people, boundless beaches, eternal ruins, rolling surfs, and much more, Sri Lanka is an ideal place for honeymooners, foodies, shopaholics, leisure travelers, and adventure seekers alike. Have a stroll at a beach or travel by a train to enjoy the beauty of this amazing land. Moreover, there are innumerable attractions to see for every traveller. Thus, Sri Lanka is a complete package to spend a perfect holiday.
3. Europe: Europe is full of countless destinations to explore such as Paris, Zurich, and Milan, just to name a few. You must enjoy a quintessential Paris experience by visiting the iconic Eiffel Tower and enjoy a sip of cocktail in front of it. Become a fashionista by visiting Milan as this is known as the global capital of fashion and design. Moreover, this place is known for its fascinating history. Zurich is known as one of the liveliest cities and offers a myriad of things to explore. Thus, spending holidays in Europe is an experience of a lifetime.
4. Egypt: Known as theland of Pharaohs, Egypt is a place that offers a lot of breathtaking things to explore. Historical monuments, magnificent pyramids, and a trove of antiquities are the major highlights of this country. Travelers can explore historic places, temples, souk, and various other attractive places to enjoy a wonderful holiday in Egypt.
5. Thailand: Thailand has become one of the most preferred tourist attractions in South East Asia. One can find marvelous temples, breathtaking Beaches, delicious food, and fun activities in Thailand. Often called “Land of the Smiles”, Thailand is a destination where you cannot get bored as there is a lot to explore. Moreover, the street food in this country is a must-try. All these things made Thailand an ideal destination to spend holidays with family and friends.
So, celebrate this Durga Puja in a unique way by holidaying at a happening destination. Take a break from the mundane lifestyle and relax for a while with your near and dear ones.