Whether you are a food lover or not, you always want to enjoy delicious food when you are on a trip. After the questions like ‘the best places to visit’ and ‘the best things to do’, the next question that every traveler remains inquisitive about is ‘the best or famous food to eat’. Every vacationer looks for a perfect gastronomical delight after getting tired from roaming all day. Here you will have the list of the not-to-miss food and drinks while in France.
List of the Famous Food in France
French food is considered as one of the delicious and best cuisines across the globe. Some of the most popular dishes that you should not miss in France are:
- Bisque: A smooth, creamy, and thick soup that is prepared using the strained broth of crustaceans is a widely cherished French cuisine. It can be prepared using lobster, shrimp, crab, and crayfish.
- Quiche Au Saumon et Crevettes (Salmon and Shrimp Quiche): This is a delicious savory open flan that contains a crunchy pastry crust filled with eggs, milk or cream, cheese, vegetables, seafood, meat, etc. Quiche can be served both hot or cold.
- Baguette and Crêpes: You should not miss tasting baguette and crêpes when in France. A baguette is a thin and long loaf of crusty bread that is usually presented as a part of the meal. You can also have baguette sandwiches, baguette topped with cheese, etc. Crêpes are the thin pancakes that taste delicious with cider.
- Bouillabaisse: If you are fond of stew, then this dish is meant for you. Bouillabaisse is a traditional Provencal fish stew that contains at least three different kinds of fish or shellfish. The stew is served hot with slices of bread.
- Coq Au Vin: A delectable chicken based dish prepared using mushrooms, lardons, wine, and sometimes garlic.
- Pot-Au-feu: It is a lip-smacking French dish that is considered as a traditional family meal. It is a beef stew that is cooked along with different vegetable as well as oxtail and marrowbone meat.
- Macaroon: Give delight to your sweet tooth by having this very famous dessert of France, named macaroons. These are sweet meringue-based treats prepared using the egg whites, almond powder, icing sugar, and food coloring.
Famous Drinks In France
Wine is the most important part of the French culture as it is the largest wine producers in the world. There are different grape varieties available in this country using which the wine is produced. Some of the varieties are Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, etc.
France serves delectable cuisines to satiate the hunger pangs of every gourmand. So, next time when you visit France, do not forget to taste the appetizing cuisines listed above.