Festivities are the best time to plan a break for yourself. And, October 2019 brings a whole lot of holidays with it giving us ample opportunities for celebrations and vacations. As long weekend is just around the corner, we have amazing suggestions for you to explore within four days.
Consider planning your long weekend trip on the following destinations:
- Himachal Pradesh for Dusshera Celebrations: Kullu in Himachal Pradesh is known for its mega Dusshera festival. The entire procession remains filled with Dance, Music, and Culture in which everyone wants to take part. Kullu is a beautiful place filled with waterfalls, gorges, mountain streams, and ancient temples. While spending your days in peace, you can also enjoy the festivities.
- Rishikesh for River Rafting: Rafting is a thrilling sport and many people are fond of doing it. Rishikesh is considered as the best place for rafting. So, you can spend your long weekend in Rishikesh while doing Ganga rafting and other activities. Explore Rishikesh and other neighboring scenic places for a wonderful experience.
- Kolkata for Durga Puja: Kolkata is the city of Bengalis and thus, this is the best place where Durga Puja is celebrated grandly. If you are fond of exploring different pandals, eating delicious food, and watching aarti then Kolkata could be the best destination for you during long-weekend holidays.
- Assam for Endangered Endemic Wildlife: Assam is a beautiful state that is widely known for its natural landscapes and wildlife. Manas National Park is meant for those who want to explore the wildlife in a true sense. This place is known for its endangered species which are rare to found such as pygmy hog.
- Jodhpur for Folk Culture: This city of Rajasthan is known for its blue buildings, fascinating culture, and amazing heritage structures. The folk culture of this place is quite inviting. Thus, people from different parts of the world visit Jodhpur every year. You would love to explore the forts, indulge in thrilling activities, and experience the age-old culture.
There are many places where you can plan your upcoming long weekends. Pack your bags and explore new places this weekend.