Long-route journey to Shimla via road! Does this idea sounds great to you? You can plan this long-route journey via road to experience the ultimate thrill of a lifetime while covering the major tourist spots of Himachal. Starting from Delhi, you will get ample places to halt during your journey and enjoy the striking tourist’s attraction.
1. Chandigarh: This is a pretty town that offers a mix of both traditional and modern Punjab. You can visit the famous Sukhna lake, Rock Garden, and Leisure Valley & Rose Garden, which will be covered in a day depending upon the time you want to spend at each place. You can then head towards Kasauli via Dharampur.
2. Kasauli: If you want to enjoy a peaceful and serene time then this is the best place. This small hill town has amazing tourist’s attractions like Timber Trail, Manki Point, Mall Road, Sunset Point & Lover’s Lane, Baptist Church, etc. Natural beauty and quietness of this place attracts every traveler. You can also enjoy nature walks and trekking if you like. You can spend an entire day and night here.
3. Solan: Solan is well-known for Shoolini Mata temple. Other attractions of this place are Kuthar Fort, Solan Brewery, Menri Monastry, and barog. You will enjoy to the fullest at this place as there are amazing options for food and shopping apart from sightseeing and adventurous activities. Spend a day here and head towards Chail the following day.
4. Chail: If you are looking for a calm vacation then this place is the best for you. You can enjoy a local sightseeing including the Chail palace, cricket ground, Kali Tibba temple, and Chail wildlife sanctuary. You can spend a day in chail and head towards Kufri.
5. Kufri: This place is an amazing destination for those who want a short and interesting day trip. You can visit the Mahasu Peak by riding a horse, Kufri Fun World (amusement park) to enjoy diverse activities such as Go Karting, Burma Bridge, Valley Crossing, Snow Skiing (occasionally), Zip Lining, and much more. Spend the entire day and head towards Shimla for your stay.
6. Shimla: Shimla is one of the most popular hill stations with amusing attractions for the tourists. This hill station is known for mall road, colourful houses, scenic views, toy train, colonial architecture, beautiful churches, and much more.
Spend one to two days in Shimla depending upon your flexibility of extending the trip.