A long weekend is right here knocking at your door. Just pack your bags and head out for an amazing trip to your favorite destination. This four-day break is an awesome time to relax as a monotonous work routine is quite hectic for everyone. You can plan for any location across the world for this long weekend. Here are some of the suggestions that will help you in deciding your holiday destination.
1. Goa: One of the most happening places in India is Goa. Everybody wants to visit this place once in a lifetime. The monsoon season has its charm to visit Goa. You would experience pleasant and clear weather with a cool sea breeze. Do witness the Dudhsagar Waterfalls and explore the forts. Also, you can visit the nearby islands, relish local cuisine, and enjoy the happening nightlife of Goa.
2. Andaman: Andaman is a destination that every travel enthusiast wants to visit once. This is one of the most popular destinations for beach lovers. The island enjoys a tropical climate and monsoon is the best season to experience the pleasing weather. Apart from beaches, you can enjoy visiting cellular jail, relishing the delicious seafood, and sail the fairy or cruise (operational at the time).
3. Bhutan: Experience the best time in Bhutan during any season but the monsoon has its charm. There are plenty of things to do in Bhutan including abundant heritage sites that you can explore. The place has diverse dzongs, temples, and religious sites that you should visit. There are various other tourist sites that you can enjoy during the amazing drizzly weather.
4. Kerala: Head towards Kerala to experience the best weather during monsoons. Rains make Kerala all the more beautiful to visit. The major attraction of this ‘God’s Own Country’ is backwaters. You can cruise through the backwaters while enjoying the lush greenery and beautiful sights. Moreover, beaches become the most scenic place where you can spend a relaxing time. Kerala will make you forget all other things with its pure beauty.
5. Madhya Pradesh: Madhya Pradesh, also known as the ‘Heart of India’, is a place that has history, architecture, and nature to explore. During monsoon, you would experience the best site of this state with lush greenery all around. Due to the pleasing weather, sightseeing and nature walk become more enjoyable. You can visit diverse tourist attractions including Dhuandhar Falls, Panchmarhi, Mandu, and others.
You can spend your long weekend of August peacefully at any of the above-suggested places.
Long-weekend getaways (15th to 18th)
15th August- Independence Day
16th August- Take Leave
17th August- Weekend
18th August- Weekend