The unexpected lockdown has made every company to allow remote working to their employees. This has been done in regards to everyone’s safety as social distancing is the only way to keep COVID-19 at bay.
To keep the workflow smooth and manage a full-time remote workforce, many companies have taken the assistance of diverse digital techniques or one can say tech tools to keep the quarantined team stays connected while working from home.
All thanks to modern technology, it has become possible for all employees, business partners, and other stakeholders, to be as productive at home as they would be in the office.
Here are some of the most trending applications being used during quarantine:
1. Video Conferencing: Video meetings become vital to do the work in real-time. Face-to-face meetings are highly beneficial for maintaining clarity in communication. For video conferencing, the most trending applications are Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, Google Meet, and Zoom App.
2. Chat & Messaging: Many collaboration platforms like Microsoft Teams and Slack have built-in instant messaging for every team member to chat. Apart from these, there are many independent applications like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Google Chat, and others. These apps are widely used by many companies for team chat and messaging purposes.
3. Project Management: To ensure regular management of the workflow by your team members, you can use project management applications like Basecamp, Trello, Airtable, Asana, and others.
4. Cloud Storage: One of the biggest challenges of working remotely is accessing the company’s internal server. But fret not, the advent of cloud storage has made this easy. Your entire team can access any information or share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, videos, etc., through cloud storage applications like Dropbox and Google Drive.
5. Time & Productivity Trackers: Keeping track of the productivity of employees is extremely important, especially when they are working from home. For this purpose, tools like Toggl, Todoist, and focus booster can be downloaded.
These are some of the popular tools that companies are widely using during the quarantine period. If you have any more suggestions then write to us. We will be happy to post them on our website.